Being a German group most texts that the Democratic Turkey Forum (DTFDemocratic Turkey Forum ) puts on its website are naturally in German. This includes monthly reports about human rights violations in Turkey. In November 2008 DTF set up a backup system for the daily reports of the HRFTHuman Rights Foundation of Turkey in English as well as in Turkish. Have a look at the reports in English or the reports in Turkish. If the website of the HRFT is not down you can take a look at their English translations of these reports.
Reports in 2012
- 10.10.2012: EU Commission: Progress Report 2012
- 18.07.2012: Backgrounder on the Union of Communities in Kurdistan, KCK
- 04.05.2012: 2012 UN Report on the independence of judges and lawyers in Turkey
- 20.04.2012: Cemil Kırbayır and other cases of "disappeared" people
Reports in 2011
- 19.05.2011: Court cases of journalist reporting on Ergenekon
- 14.05.2011: Annual Reports on Turkey (2010)
- 05.05.2011: 12 September File on Torture
- 16.04.2011: Human rights defenders on trial in Diyarbakir
- 03.04.2011: Ahmet Şık: The Army of the Imam
- 31.03.2011: CPT Report of 31 March 2011
Reports in 2010
- 20.12.2010: CoE: Implementation of judgments of the ECtHR
- 11.11.2010: Use of the Kurdish language in court
- 01.11.2010: Legal provisions against demonstrators
- 30.10.2010: 20th Anniversary of the HRFT
- 18.10.2010: Arrests and court cases against KCK/TM
- 31.08.2010: Writer Dogan Akhanli jailed in Turkey
- 16.04.2010: Şebnem Korur Fincancı on Trial
- 16.04.2010: State involved in 12 deaths in three months
- 17.03.2010: Further detentions of human rights activists
Reports in 2009
- 16.06.2009: More than 20 Trade Unionists Arrested in and around Izmir
- 10.04.2009: Hate Crimes in Turkey
- 17.03.2009: ECtHR passes important judgment on torture
Reports in 2008
- 15.12.2008: Imprisonment of Mahmut Alınak
- 27.11.2008: Security Zones in the South-East
- 05.11.2008: EU Commission: Progress Report 2008
- 08.10.2008: HRFT’s Special Report on Right to Life in Turkey
- 18.09.2008: Committee of Ministers: Interim Resolution CM/ResDH(2008)69
- 23.05.2008: Prison Conditions around Ankara
- 03.03.2008: Human Rights Activist Ridvan Kizgin
Reports before 2008
- 09.12.2007: Istanbul statement on solitary confinement
- 27.10.2007: Hate Killings
- 22.06.2007: Three deaths in custody
- 18.06.2007: Misleading information on impunity
- 12.04.2007: What is happening in Izmir?
- 01.06.2004: An unfair trial in Izmir
- 30.03.2004: Torture in the USA: Ismail Hakki Avci
- 18.12.2002: Regulation on the Language of Radio and Television Broadcasts
- 20.09.2002: Learning of Languages and Dialects
- 01.01.2001: F-type Prisons, Hunger Strikes and Deaths
As of August 2011 some of the legal texts listed below are no longer unique. Complete translations of the Turkish Penal Code and the Code of Criminal Procedures into English exist. The DTF offers to download these files as *.doc (word-files).
- download the Turkish Penal Code as of 1 June 2005 (English)
- download the Code of Criminal Procedures as of 1 June 2005 (English)
With the help of native speakers DTF has made a translation of important provisions of Law No. 5237 that is the new penal code that entered into force on 1 June 2005. See: Translation of selected Articles of the Turkish Penal Code. In November 2010 Human Rights Watch issued a report called Protesting as a Terrorist Offense. This report included the translation of important Articles of the Turkish Penal Code and the Law to Fight Terrorism. The DTF has included the translated Articles into the collection of legal provisions against demonstrators.
Not absolutely unique are the translations of legal texts in the Annual Report for 2001 of the HRFT. Here you can find amendments to the 1982 Constitution, some basics on official national bodies on human rights and provisions restricting freedom of expression (in existence in 2001).
The Annual Report for 2002 includes in its appendices detailed information on the first five packages for harmonization to the European Union and Regulations on the use of other languages than Turkish in the media and during reaching.
Since 1998 the Human Rights Association (HRAHuman Rights Association ) and the Human Rights Foundation of Turkey (HRFT) hae organized annual Conferences on the Human Rights Movement in Turkey (HRMT) The results of the first six conferences were translated into English. You'll find the texts under Conferences on the HRMT.