20th Anniversary of the HRFT
Heybeliada Meeting for the 20th Anniversary of the Human Rights Foundation of Turkey
30-31 October 2010, Istanbul
During this meeting a brochure was distributed that included short entries of various people who have been in contact with the HRFTHuman Rights Foundation of Turkey since its foundation. You can download the brochure as a PDF-file or click on the parts in the table of contents that you are interested in. The PDF-file contains pictures from the past, while we have included pictures taken at the meeting.
Table of Contents
- Introduction by Yavuz Önen Founder and former chairperson of HRFT
- Two Decades of Human Rights Work in Turkey Adriaan van Es, MD, Coordinator, IFHHRO
- TIHV 20 Years Angelika Claussen, Alper Öktem
- Dear Colleagues and Friends of TIHV Anni Kammerlander, managing director, REFUGIO Munich / Germany, Jürgen Soyer, vice managing director, REFUGIO Munich / Germany
- My Relationship with TIHV Dr. Barbara Neppert, AI-German section
- Success in the Future! Brita Sydhoff, Secretary-General, International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims
- Sevgili dostlarim Britta Jenkins, Berlin Centre for the Treatment of Torture Vicitms (BZFO)
- A Case of Encouragement Christian Pross, Berlin Treatment Centre.
- Connection between IPPNW and HRFT Gisela Penteker, IPPNW Germany.
- Greeting to the HRFT Gunnar M. Ekeløve-Slydal, Deputy Secretary General, Norwegian Helsinki Committee
- Congratulations Harry Hummel, Netherlands Helsinki Committee-Executive Director
- Happy Anniversary Helena Ruuskanen, Centre for Torture Survivors in Finland.
- On the Occasion of the 20th Birthday of HRFT Hélène Jaffé, France
- Remarks on the Early Days of the HRFT Helmut Oberdiek, Das Demokratische Türkeiforum e.V. (DTFDemocratic Turkey Forum )
- HRFT was my Shelter Önder Özkalipçi, IRCT
- The Red Cross and the HRFT Per Stadig, Jan Wallinder, Red Cross Centre for Tortured Refugees, Sweden
- 20 years of professional work Siroos Mirzaei, MD, Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Vienna www.hemayat.org
- Dear Friends and Colleagues Waltraut Wirtgen, IPPNW Germany
On the website of the HRFT you can find a picture with all participants
Figures at the end of 2010
Posted to DTF separately
|Year||Applications||Allegation from same year|
The total of persons treated until the end of 2010 was 12,450.